Pages

Wednesday 20 March 2019

Unwind Transit, Questions

Unwind Part Three-Transit.

In the course of the book, Connor and Risa get separated from Lev, who travels for a time with another character. Why do you think Shusterman chose to split the narrative into two distinct threads? What do you think this achieves? How does this affect the evolution of the characters?
My thoughts of why he separated them, maybe because by making the book so interesting, and splitting the main characters, having their own parts in the book, and to include a lot more people in it, by not just chucking them in the book but having to introduce them in book by the main characters.


On p125 & 129  the novel touches on same-sex relationships. Has the attitude toward same-sex couples changed (for better or worse) in this futuristic society? Explain your response.  
Well being together, or loving your same-sex in not really a bad thing, or a big deal.

Some people just do it because they just do not like the opposite gender, or they are not into them.

In the future society, anybody can be whatever they want, and I think it will be better if they would be able to live the life they want to live.


P130 begins our journey into understanding a little more about Cy-Fi. Through his character, what do you learn about the effects of unwinding on both the donor and receiver?  
Well for a donor, they would give and offer other people their own organs and any type of other body parts, sometimes donor's may not know that they are dead, because they are being unwound and also don't notice anything that is happening.
Of course the receiver would get given, any type of the unwound's body part and organs. but the donor may not know that they are dead, because the important organ that they give can be given with some control of the donor, just like the brain.

What is the real reason Cy-Fi need to get to Joplin, Mo? Pg 131
Well Cy-Fi has had a donor giving him some of the unwound's brain, his name was Taylor. Cy-Fi was still experiencing all the things he shouldn't be happening to him happening.
The reason why is that was because Taylor, Cy-Fi had to follow what Taylor needed to do.
Which was to get to Joplin, so really Taylor may have been the reason why Cy-Fi had to get to Joplin.

What is the significance of Connor holding in his anger around Roland? Pg 147

Because if Conner did lose his temper, and go crazy on Roland which Roland I think wants Conner to do, Conner would may have done something in a way the could get Roland to do something bad to him.


Connor's anger and lack of impulse control is often a problem for him, until he learns to control and channel his emotions. Do you ever feel like your impulses are stronger than your will? What strategies do you use to control your feelings? Do they work?

Well I never feel like my impulses are stronger then my will, but when it happens I never know that it really gets to me.
Things annoying often happens, for example I would always try to do what they tell me to do, until the moment they tell me I'm doing it wrong when I really know what I am doing.
The way I control the bad feelings are the weirdest ways, just like day dreaming about stuff that makes me happy.
Sometimes it doesn't work but I BELIEVE that my feelings would always be on the good side.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.