Pages

Thursday 21 March 2019

Sonia Terk Delauney

Sonia Terk Delauney:
Sonia Terk Delaunay was a French born artist, she spent a lot of her working life in Paris, and with her husband Robert Delaunay and others, she was noted for the use of strong colours and geometric shapes. Her work also extends to painting, textile and design and stage set design.
Image result for sonia terk delaunay
This was the best one that I loved because it has such good colour mixing and I don't find anything bad about it.
This was my side of my sketch thumbnail oil paintings, what I did to create this was adding a lot of colours, and then I made the white oil paint to make it stand out and to also make it my leading line, to the focal point.

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Josh, thank you for posting this up. Can you add to it to include; a description in your own words of Orphism? And a webcam shot of your trial with oil pastels and orphic shapes? It doesn't have to be a great piece of Art, just showing your learning so far.

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.