Pages

Wednesday 20 March 2019

Unwind Destination

Unwind:
Destinations
This section opens with Lev in a pawnbroker's. What does this tell you about how his character is changing?
Well Lev has been living a sort of normal life, he does not like his parents at all.
He would know that he could buy stuff instead of stealing certain things, but now that he is living the life where he is at right now, and not with his family, he would be going desperate for food and all sorts. He is pretty smart with what he is doing, he is selling things that he had stolen just like, jewels and stuff like that just to afford food.

While being transported to possible safety, some of the kids on the run wonder, "Would it be better to die or be unwound?" If given the choice, which would you choose? Why? This response requires more than one or two sentences! Put forward at least three reasons why you think what you do.
I mean in my opinion, I would be unwound because I would rather help people who are in need with different types of body parts or organs.
If I was to die then to be unwound, I would probably die as a normal human being would, but me showing my braveness is what I really want to show.
I would probably think to myself why my parents would have to want me to become an unwind, then to just not have me live my life in peace for the rest of my life.
But I would respect them if it was for the reason to give my organs, to the people who are in need, and to also let me know for my opinion.

Another question the kids in the book discuss is, "If every part of you is still alive but inside someone else, are you alive or are you dead?" They also wonder if consciousness can exist even if it's spread out, and if the soul remains intact. What do you think? Read Thomas Hobbes' Ship of Theseus puzzle to help you make a decision. Be sure to reference it in your answer! http://metaphysicist.com/puzzles/ship_theseus/
I believe that if you have your own body parts in someone else's body, in my opinion can mean you are alive in them because they have whats yours.
You might think I'm weird because being alive in someone else's body would just be double lives in one, but what I'm saying is that, your just alive in them not doing certain moves but like somehow controlling their minds from where they really need to go. In the book there was a donor who gave a person a part of their brain, and the donor would somehow do what they want the receiver to do not really forcing him, but trying to find a way but not in a harmful type of way.

This section of the novel sees Lev and Cy-Fi finally make it to Joplin. As they get closer, Cy-Fi's behaviour becomes increasingly erratic. What are some of the things he does, or things he likes, that are not his own behaviours or memories?
Well Cyrus would always start to twitch as they get closer to Joplin which is the destination they needed to go just to complete what the unwind person in his head was showing him to do.
He would go from place to place just to get to where he needed to go.
As soon as he got to his destination things started to go through with him, and then things were back to where he doesn't feel anything.

What was Cy-Ty hiding in his backyard? Pg 185-194
The things that were hiding in Taylor's backyard was all the thing he had stolen, which were loads of rich jewels which were the matters of Cyrus twitching, and also coming to Joplin for.
And about all that was the reason why Taylor needed to get back to Joplin, to apologise to his parents.


The section ends with Cy-Ty reaching his destination. What do you think of his parents' behaviour? What does Lev's support show you about his character?
I think that his parents behaviour was actually quite different to my prespective, and was very nice to accept his apology which was a good thing to do.
Lev's support shows me that he is a true helper, and would become a better person in the future if he would keep doing what he is doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.