Pages

Monday 27 May 2019

Maths past problems

What we have been learning in maths
In maths we have been working on finding the area, of shapes, lengths and height. One thing that we learnt, was Compound area - busy in the back yard. This problem we have to solve is by looking at the metres and answering the questions. The questions talk about someone wanting to buy slate chippings to cover there entire path, 1 bag costs $140 and would be only able to cover 10m2, and we need to try and find out how much more we need to buy, to cover the rest.
What were the main mathematical concepts or ideas that you learned or that we discussed in class?
Compound Area, was one thing that I felt comfortable with in maths. I knew how to use metres and to solve them for different interesting questions, just like "A bag of seed costs $12 and covers 5m2 of lawn. How many bags of seeds will I need to buy and how much will it costs.?
Describe a mistake or misconception that you or a classmate had in class. What did you learn from this mistake or misconception. 
I had done a lot of mistakes while solving problems, I would always use a calculator for things that wouldn't solve a problem, when we could use different things like rulers or things that could solve metres, centimetres and other things. I wouldn't really say its a mistake but it's one thing I could get out of my brain one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.