Pages

Wednesday 15 May 2019

Essay Writing Practise Structure

Essay Writing Practise Structure
Adverb Sentences:
Curiously, Often, Importantly, Readily, Significantly, Firstly, Lastly, Quickly, Rapidly, Technically, Similarly, Remarkably, Surprisingly.

!Comma would always go after the verb!
Examples in sentences:
Unexpectedly, I turned up to class and everyone was looking
Surprisingly, I wasn't late to class
Importantly, I got straight to work

Begin with a preposition:
Preposition are words that indicate movement or position.
Against, Under, Above, In, At, Throughout, Behind, Over, Prior, Beyond.

Under the bed, I spotted light through the floor.
Behind the house, there was treasure hidden under the dirt.
Above the shed, I could see my lost cat.

Basic body paragraph:
Point - State the point you want to make
Evidence - Provide evidence to support your point 2-3 sentences
Explain - 3-4 Sentences that explain your evidence in relation to your point/question.
Link - Back to your point - 1-2 sentences - To the next paragraph.

Point - Everyone knows that it is better to read the book then to watch the movie.

Evidence - For example, The movie made of Wonder is very different from the book.
It leaves out lots of information. In the book that main teacher is female but in the move they are male.
Also the camp incident missed out the info about Auggie's hearing aids.

Explain - This incident made more sense in the book because he was bullied for having his 'lobo ears' which made his look different.
It didn't make sense to bully him in the movie without them.

Link - For these reasons, the book was clearly better than the movie.
However, you can enjoy the movie without reading the book.


Preposition - Before the bell rang, everyone was getting ready to work
Adverb - Surprisingly, everyone was on task before class started
- ed start - Forced, to talk in front of everyone
W start - When I was coming to class, I luckily came early
The - ing start - Hoping that I wasn't starving, I tried eating as much as I can.
The - ing start - Thinking about food, I started to starve.

Adverb - Quickly, I tried to get ready to work.
Preposition - Under the tables, I could see the carpet.
 - ED start - Scared so much, I had to talk in front of everyone.
- ING start - Praying so much, that I don't get chosen.
W start - Within an hour, I have another subject next.

Q - Quote, rhetorical question
T - Title of your book
A - Author of your book
K - Key argument
O - Outline

OTAKO:
Introduction Starter: Practise
Have you ever lived through invasion? In John Marsden's 'tomorrow when the War Began' eight young Australian's venture into the bush, only to return and divorces an unknown force has invaded their town. We see the characters show courage first when they venture to the show grounds. Next when they rescue Lee after he is shot and finally when they blow up the town bridge.
These are memorable to the reader because they show me importance of courage to achieve things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.