Pages

Tuesday 12 February 2019

Critical Literacy Vocabulary

Critical Literacy Vocabulary
12/02/19
  1. Agenda - list of items, or a given perspective.
  2. Authority - Someone who is an authority on something knows a lot about it.
  3. Bias - A person who favours a person or thing unfairly.
  4. Credible - is when someone or something is able to believe that you can believe it.
  5. Manipulate - to influence or control people or events.
  6. Perspective - a particular way of looking at an object or thing.
  7. Reliable - a person or a thing that can be reliable to do what you want.
  8. Source - the person. place or thing that something comes from.
Factual or satirical?
The onion - The website has different types of news on both sides and the middle and it has different thing you can click to visit some other things you wanna know about. The photos they are using are photos that don't so much about the message or news they are talking about. They are using fake headlines that people can tell that it ain't real just like people can jump off the aeroplane without using the aeroplane. This website is satirical from my looks or it.

The New York times - I believe that this news is fake because one of them talks about cardi b and it has her sitting on pianos and singing when she only raps and doesn't play piano on stage.

The civilian - The website looks like a type of website that has all news that fit into one page and doesn't really look real with the titles they have from the information.

The daily mail - The website has things that talks more about older people information but for what I have seen it talks about a man that had to rip his leg off and it was still there but they never said they are about to rip his leg off.

The daily mash - In this website it has different type of website that you can click on that can take you to the news that you want and I feel like its fake by the way because all the photos doesn't show the info.

The herald - By looking at the website it shows a lot of info that I hear around my family that happen and also the photo really shows the real meaning of the info.

The shovel - In my opinion I believe its fake because one site news shows that someone has died after waiting two hundred years for a train to come and pick him up when no one can ever live that long.

Daily telegraph - I believe this website is fake because its all on this one site that I saw it was about two girls got into a car crash that really doesn't show the car that got into the accident but only show the girls with their face covered.


No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.