Pages

Tuesday 19 November 2019

The Trojan Horse

The Comprehension Box:

1. Where did the Trojan War take place?
a. Sparta
b. Turkey
c. Greece - My Ans.

2. The people of Troy felt their city was:
a. Secure - My Ans.
b. Defenceless
c. Impressive

3. Which word could replace enchanted in Paragraph 3?
a. Encouraged
b. Charmed - My Ans
c. Bored

4. When King Menelaus discovered Helen was in Troy, he was:
a. Heartbroken
b. Outraged - My Ans.
c. Contented

5. What happened before the Greek army pretended to sail away?
a. The Trojans celebrated
b. The wooden horse was dragged into the city
c. Odyssues had an idea. - My Ans.

6. What is the main idea of Paragraph 5? - My Ans.
a. The Greek army could not invade Troy. - My Ans.
b. Some Greek warriors managed to get into Troy
c. Many people were killed trying to climb the stone walls

7. Which statement is an opinion, not a fact?
a. The Trojan Horse was a gift to the Trojans from the Greeks.
b. The most romantic story is that Paris and Helen fell in love and ran away. - My Ans
c. The Greeks sent a thousand ships to Troy.

8. The Legend of the Trojan Horse is based on the theme of:
a. Gift-giving
b. Love
c. Revenge - My Ans.

9. You can conclude the Trojans were overjoyed because they:
a. Thought they had won the war - My Ans.
b. Were given a wooden horse - My Ans.
c. Knew they would have a great celebration

10. The word massacred in Paragraph 7 means:
a. Burnt
b. Murdered - My Ans
c. Caught

11. The pronoun they in Paragraph 6 refers to the:
a. Greeks
b. Trojans - My Ans.
c. Warriors

12. The saying 'Beware of Greeks bearing gifts' means:
a. Greek people are generous
b. Greek people like presents
c. Thing are not always as they appear - My Ans.

10/12

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.