Pages

Tuesday 19 November 2019

Musket wars

1. The Maori people traded food and flax with Pakeha for the muskets.
2. The musket wars killed over 20,000 people.
3. Tribes without muskets were forced to seek trade with Pakeha for their own because otherwise they would have no chance of winning these battles

The muskets killed over 20,000 people which did show how powerful the weapon was for all the tribes to want. 1 Tribe traded food and flax with Pakeha for muskets so that powers can be even between the two groups. The musket wars caused increased violence and deaths because there was no laws around the ownership/trading of muskets. A treaty prevent this and provide stability.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.