Pages

Wednesday 4 September 2019

Mix n Match Poetry Terms and Definition

Mix n Match

Figurative Language - A phrase common to people who speak the same language - saying one thing but meaning another.

Literal Language - Meaning exactly what you say.

Simile - Comparing two unlike things using the words Like or As.

Metaphor - Comparing two unlike things not using the words like or as.

Personification - Giving human qualities to non-human things.

Imagery - Writing with detail to arouse one or more of the 5 senses.

Idiom - Saying one thing and meaning something else.

Hyperbole - An exaggeration of the facts.

Alliteration - Repetition of consonant sounds in a piece of writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.