Pages

Friday 26 July 2019

Aboriginal Boomerang

Aboriginal Boomerang Art
This Term we were painting and making boomerangs. We had to learn many things about what the boomerangs mean and what they should look like. We knew that they are known to be made from Australians, but we were looking more ahead and thinking about what we learnt last Term which was about the Aboriginal people. 

The meaning for the dots on this boomerang was to disguise the sacred meanings behind the stories of the Aboriginal Australian art. Aboriginal people would smooth over the soil to create sacred designs that belong to the Indigenous Australian Ceremony. 

The thing that was fun about painting was the art of what it will turn out like. It is nice to have a meaning to what the art tells us about, and thinking about Aboriginal arts was beautiful.


No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.