Pages

Monday 29 June 2020

Art 1.1 Wet media and Dry media

Using a combination with wet media and dry media was a pretty cool technique to use and do.
What I had to do was make a portrait to draw from, I created a cylinder and a triangle looking cone. 
This was my first time using charcoal in fact willow charcoal. Firstly I had to use wet media, which known as water paint, to create an light colourful effect on the artwork before lightly scraping the charcoal onto the portrait paper.
As you can see I used water colour first, trying to make an effect of leading lines. 
I am creating leading lines to make the objects the focal point of the artwork, it didn't worked out as expected but I love the way I tried and how it turned out. 
Next I used Willow Charcoal to sketch the shadows of the objects and also darkening the background trying to make everything focus onto one piece of the image.  
What was challenging to do in this artwork was trying to line the shadow reflects hoping it would look realistic, and also shaping the objects which is the key to this artwork. 
I used an eraser to basically draw the lining of the props, rubbing out the edges so you can see the prop. I moved onto erasing the light touching parts as seen on the props creating a light effect, showing where the light is coming from. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.